Hello, everyone! How are you today?
Todays post is about Christmas and ornaments) I am sure all of you like unique handmade Christmas ornaments. I love them and I love the feeling, which I have after I see the results! Of course, the process is like a meditation for me. I cannot live without my hobbies and as more of them as happier I am)
A few days ago I was walking around the store with a huge variety of Christmas decoration and I will tell the truth, prices grew up so high that I cannot imagine how people can afford even a few ornaments. Past only 1 year and 4 months, I remember another prices on everything here. Of course, you can find cheap ornaments, which do not have anything special, but who wants that, right? So, I came up with idea, I will make ornaments myself.
Today I will share with you, how to make your own beautiful pinecone for Christmas tree.
Things you need:
- Paper (or to make it easier, you can use ready shapes from styrofoam, I decided to make it right away, so I used what I had at home);
- ribbon for hanging the ornament;
- foamiran with glitter (any color you want);
- glue gun;
- hot glue for the gun;
- Measure squares 1,5 sm *1,5 sm. Mark the foamiran with a pencil and ruller on opposite side, draw the lines.
- Cut the squares and round them on one side. do not cut the whole piece of foamiran, you will need a little bit more than half, the rest you can use for other ornament or any other decoration. To be honest, you can make little Christmas trees, little boxes for gifts, even flowers for hair.
- Wrinkle paper or piece of newspaper to make a similar to pinecone shape, secure it with a thread.
4. Put some glue with a brush and start to attach pieces of cotton around. Some of you probably know this technique, not sure what’s the name on English, if you know how it calls, please write in the comment. On Russian and Ukrainian is Popie Moche. Do not forget to glue with a glue gun a ribbon on the top of pinecone, you will hide access pieces with a cotton.
5. Add enough cotton in order to make perfect shape and let it dry. I hanged it in a clothes hanger and dried with a hairdryer, after I left for a while to cool down. If it is not sticky and got harder, you can start to decorate.
6. Start from a bottom and go up. Glue with a glue gun piece by piece in random order for covering places of attachment. Look on the picture if real pinecone and you will understand what I mean)
7. When you will cover the whole pinecone, cut a stripe from the same material as a ornament 1,5 сm * 10 sm. Bend on half from narrow side and glue them together. Start gluing and rolling at the same time around ribbon on the top of pinecone. You can attach ribbon with this shiny roll at the very end, I just decided to do this way.